- nget is a command line nntp file grabber. It automatically pieces together multipart postings for easy retrieval, even substituting parts from multiple servers and newsgroups. Handles disconnects gracefully, resuming after the last part succesfully downloaded.
- cfv is a utility to both test and create .sfv, .csv, .crc, .md5(sfv-like), md5sum, bsd md5, sha1sum, and .torrent files. These files are commonly used to ensure the correct retrieval or storage of data
- d1x is an extended version of descent, based on the source code that Parallax so kindly released. I have contributed a fair amount of code, including -missiondir, shortpackets, netgame pps/shortpacket synching, -playermessages, many bugfixes, and OpenGL!
- hiemine is a MineSweeper game for the hiebook (an old ebook reader that never caught on).
- pyleon was an experimental, GTK+ web browser written in Python, with support for both Mozilla and GtkHTML.
Projects on separate sub pages:
cvs-importer automates the task of importing all past versions of an existing project into cvs or subversion, including automatically removing generated files, creating .cvsignore files/svn:ignore properties, and tagging each version. Thus, you can gain some of the advantages of scm for the older versions that weren't actually developed in cvs/svn, by having all the changes in the history.
Download changelog, tar.gz, @ibiblio
Dvorak keymapping for grub bootloader, using the setkey function. Simply add to the top of grub/menu.lst.
Download: uncompressed, gzipped
Examines the current buffer and determines the indent style in use. Then sets vim tabstop/shiftwidth/etc to work correctly with that style, and creates a syntax match to highlight any indentation in the file that does not match the selected style.
pyprof is a wrapper around python's profile module for easily profiling python scripts without having to specify the whole path to them if they are in $PATH, and with command line arg and rc file configurable behaviors. (show/strip dirs, multiple output sortings, multiple print_x calls)
Download: changelog, tar.gz
Merges split images together. They can be attached horizontally or vertically.
Download: changelog, tar.gz, @ibiblio
wctrl v0.6:Allows you to close, minimize/restore, and set/unset always-on-top mode for windows from command line.
Download: zipped executable, zipped source
alarmwatch:watches the lm_sensors /proc filesystem for the chips you specify, and alerts you by beeping and syslog messages when an alarm that is not ignored is active.
ssh-multiadd:Adds multiple ssh keys that may use the same passphrase to the ssh authentication agent. When run without arguments, it adds $HOME/.ssh/identity and $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa. Alternative file names can be given on the command line or in the configuration file. Uses ssh-askpass if necessary. If any of the keys use the same passphrase, you will only need to enter each unique passphrase once. Does not prompt for keys that are already added.
python-fchksum:fchksum is a Python module to find the checksum of files. Currently it supports md5, crc32, cksum, bsd-style sum, and sysv-style sum.
The advantage of using fchksum over the python md5 and zlib(.crc32) modules is both ease of use and speed. You only need to tell it the filename and the actual work is done by C code. Compared to the implementing a read loop in python with the standard python modules, fchksum is up to 2.0x faster in md5 and 1.1x faster in crc32. fchksum is written in C, and should probably compile on any unix. Most likely on other operating systems too. Currently however, it has only been tested on linux.